Monday, April 5, 2010

Publishing Evolution #84: Writer Communities & Author Websites

1. I have searched the websites of several of my favorite authors: Beverly Lewis, Mary Higgins Clark and Jeannette Walls. Beverly Lewis has her own website which provides news of her latest book releases, tour schedules and events, authentic Amish recipes, personal insight into her writing life, and a newletter which I subscribed to. Jeannette Walls has a Facebook account that is updated and maintained by Scribner, her publisher. Mary Higgins Clark has her own website that provides information about her lastest releases, tours, interviews with her and her lastest blog. There is an email alert you can sign up for.

2. The idea of a book being published based on popular vote gives me more faith in the material, however, I need to read the book myself and decide whether it is as entertaining as perceived by others.

No comments: